As the seasons of life change, so do our roles. For those of us with senior parents, ensuring their well-being becomes a top priority. Powder Springs Senior Center is a good option if you’re in Georgia and wondering how to keep them healthy and engaged. Read on to learn more about their services and membership information.
Your Guide to Health and Activity at Powder Springs Senior Center
1. Membership Information
Are your parents 55 or older and seeking a supportive community in Georgia? Powder Springs Senior Citizens Center is not just a space; it’s a haven for active and independent seniors. It is a place where your loved ones can meet friends, attend classes, participate in activities, and maintain their health.
However, it is important to note that it is not a care program. Seniors must be independent and able to care for themselves to participate.
2. Activities & Services
The center requires annual membership dues. However, it offers a variety of activities under its umbrella. There’s something for everyone, from the library to exercises and games.
While some programs may have a participation fee, the benefits are immeasurable.
- Computer Classes
- Line Dancing
- Card Games
- Arts and Crafts Classes
- Day Trips
- Monthly Luncheons
3. Center Policy
Like any community program, it has guidelines and rules. Members must be capable of self-care, maintain proper hygiene, and sign in and out for safety. Seniors must also take responsibility for personal belongings. These policies ensure a harmonious and secure environment.
4. Important Information
Powder Springs Senior Center operates at a limited capacity. It’s open by appointment only and requires proactive communication with the Senior Center Coordinator. No walk-ins are allowed.
5. Senior Centers Nearby
If you want more activities for your loved ones, you might want to check out the nearby Cobb County senior centers. Below is a summary of some of the nearby options:
- Austell Senior Center: Offers structured group activities, crafts, exercise, and nutritious lunches for Cobb County residents aged 60 and over.
- West Cobb Senior Center: This center is in Lost Mountain Park and welcomes active adults aged 55 and over.
- Freeman Poole Senior Center: Located near the Silver Comet Trail in the historical Covered Bridge area of South Cobb, it offers a lush setting for various activities.
- Senior Wellness Center: Provides diverse activities designed to enhance the well-being of adults aged 55 and above.
- Aline Wolfe Adult Recreation Center: Caters specifically to adults aged 55 years and older and features a meeting room, arts and crafts room, and a fitness area
- North Cobb Senior Center: Situated in Kennworth Park, it offers a serene setting for various activities.
- East Cobb Senior Center: This center is in a unique campus-like community setting, adjacent to Mt. View Library and other facilities.
Ready to enhance your loved one’s golden years?
Powder Springs Senior Center isn’t just a location; it’s an investment in their well-being. Encourage your loved ones to become members and enjoy the many benefits.
Innovative, Experienced, and Trusted Senior Living Community
Looking for exceptional service and care for your loved one? We welcome you to our senior living communities, where the health and well-being of our residents are our top priority. Please contact Bethel Gardens Senior Living and we’ll answer any questions you may have.
Thanks for visiting!